In the automotive service industry, time is money. So when you’re rummaging your way through a massive pile of paperwork just to find that one invoice, job card or purchase order, you could be running at a loss and pushing that bottom line further away.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you currently working with a paper-based system?
- Is it difficult to know what your stock levels are? And you believe the easiest way to keep a track of this is in your head?
- Can you take a holiday knowing that your staff will manage without you?
- Does your time spent on the books seem to be never-ending?
These daily occurrences lead to inefficiencies, unhappy customers, stuttered cash flow and diminishing profits.
Well, would you believe us when we tell you there is a way to make the lives for you, your employees and your customers a little bit easier? With the proper utilisation of COSTAR’s software, you’ll be up and running with the added benefits of increased profits and efficiency.
COSTAR is your digital toolbox, designed to manage everything you need with just a few simple clicks. Easily look up your customer history, complete a vehicle inspection, manage your point-of-sale (POS), inventory/stock levels and order the parts you need as you need them.
So let’s start at the beginning and put this into perspective!
A customer wants to book in, they have either:
a) called you, so you simply scan over your built-in appointment scheduler and find a suitable time, or the old fashioned way…scramming through the pages of your diary.
b) your customer has taken advantage of your online booking tool that COSTAR added to your website and they booked themselves in (you can read more about our online booking tool here).
With COSTAR’s Appointment Scheduler you can easily:
- Ensure appropriate invoicing and workshop allocation
- Configure appointment scheduler to your service bays
- Integrate to your workshop’s website via the online booking tool
Forecast days ahead and maintain a consistent workflow with all the information at your fingertips and organise your staff accordingly.
It’s Monday and you want to remind your Tuesday customers’ of their upcoming service. Quickly use COSTAR’s SMS reminders to confirm their appointment, keeping your auto repair shop running at full capacity.
So your customer has arrived and your technician is about to conduct the vehicle inspection. Well, how about using COSTAR Mobile and complete a digital vehicle inspection, save on printing and have the inspection notes automatically saved on their invoice or repair order for easy future reference.
Maximise your team’s time on the tools
COSTAR Mobile inspections forms will add value to the work you do for your customers by providing a professional and complete record of the service you have just overseen, provides the ability to take photos of worn parts and/or tyres or pre-existing vehicle damage to protect your staff and your business. Provide clear notes for your customers and notify them of any additional work that may be required. Your technicians will love it too – fast, accurate and easy to use. You can read more about COSTAR Mobile here.
Also, if you need additional parts to service your customers’ vehicles, once approval has been obtained, easily lookup/order the parts, information and pricing from a range of auto supplier’s. Seamlessly go from an invoice to creating an order – all from within the COSTAR system.
Front Counter – Automotive Point of Sale (POS)
Next, you’re completing the sale or invoice as your customer is collecting their car. Streamline your front counter with swift access to repair orders, invoices, credit notes and payments. With our Tyro point of sale integration, you can minimise human error (like keying incorrect amounts or incorrect tender methods) when completing the sale. Once complete, easily finalise the sale and email or print the receipt based on your customer’s preference. As always, this entire process will be recorded in the customer’s history and vehicle details, so your team can easily access it as required. Read more about this automotive POS integration here.
Keep your profits rising with proper stock and inventory management. Through avoiding any missed charged or returned unused parts that are just sitting on your workshop’s shelves, means you are always on top of your game. In turn, provide the best possible service for your customers and stock management for your team. We have more on our stock and inventory control here.
Inventory Management key takeaways:
- Manage your stock easily and efficiently
- Analyse all your orders, stock and invoicing
- Ensure you have what you need, when you need it
You all have KPIs and budgets to work to and that’s where COSTAR comes in. See how you’re tracking through COSTAR reporting, customise your reports to follow what you want to follow. From monitoring customer retention rates or where new business is coming from to daily /weekly/ monthly/yearly reports on your businesses financial activities, COSTAR’s automotive accounting software tracks it all.
Your bookkeeper or accountant will thank you when it comes to tax time. Not to mention, your bill will probably be slashed in half. To read more on our accounting features, click here.
- Create a booking in seconds
- Allow your customers to book themselves in online
- Convert that appointment to a Repair Order
- Complete a digital vehicle inspection using COSTAR Mobile
- Confirm with the customer of any additional work
- Have your technicians’ clock on and off to manage labour times and billing
- Order any necessary parts with our supplier integrations
- Add all this info to your customer’s invoice and have it stored on their account for future repairs and repeat business
- Keep a track of how you’re progressing through sales and financial reporting
So, do you need to upgrade your digital toolbox?